Monday, July 7, 2008

July 2nd -3rd




Wow! I've had a couple of very busy days. On Wednesday, July 2ND Jennifer, Sarah and I had a girls night out. We were on a mission to find things for Sarah's new home at BYU Idaho. Everything from bedding to cookie sheets. My bonus was that I found some great picture frames on clearance that were just perfect for our playroom for the grand kids. We got home late from shopping but Jenn went to work as soon as we got home picking out pictures of the grand kids to put in our bargain find picture frames. On Thursday morning I was in the mood for projects so I went on a mission to find fabric and cushions to replace the ones that used to be on our Costco swing in the backyard. I thought it would be great to have it done by the 4Th of July. I measured everything, pinned the fabric and got busy sewing but to my disappointment something went very wrong and I was about 5 inches too short on my seat. I started over but this time Jenn and Sarah held the swing while I measured AGAIN! and this time it fit perfectly. I added the cushions I bought from Target and our swing was ready to go again. I have the fabric for the top so that project is next on the list. I just ran out of time. So Anna when your swing cushions wear out I'll help you replace them.
Then on Thursday night Jenn came over and we hung the pictures in the playroom and Jenn helped me give the room a beach theme. Jenn brought over an ore she had with pegs on it. It also had a pretty ugly fish painted on it so she went to work to transform it into a piece that would add to the theme and match the room. She swiped a beach bag of Sarah's, stole some shells out of one of my home decorations, added a little toole, changed the curtins and there you have it. A whole new look!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you ROCK!!! it looks great! and yes, i won't hesitate to call you up when i need my swing makeover.