Saturday, September 6, 2008

Findarle Reception August 19th Labor Day Weekend









It was a busy weekend with all of the Birthday festivities and Eric's visit. Along with those festivities my friend Terri Findarle came to Oakdale and we had fun putting together a wedding reception for her son Michael Findarle and new bride Audrey. It was fun hanging out with Terri for a long weekend. We got to shop for wedding decor and catch up on each others lives. We resurrected Mindi's centerpieces from her wedding and they ended up being perfect with Audrey's colors. I had a blast working with friends I've known for years. We got to work together and create a beautiful reception. What good friends we have! The rest of the month has been rather quiet. I've been working on a website for Mark's office and we had the missionaries for dinner. Of course I have Seminary everyday and lessons to prepare. We actually had no plans for the Labor Day weekend but we worked hard in the yard and felt good about the work we got done. It was very hot so the kids came to swim and we BBQed on Labor Day. I actually got to go swimming with the grandchildren and I really enjoyed that. Today we will be walking to let people know about Proposition 8. We also walked on Saturday the 23rd and it was an interesting but suprisingly enjoyable task talking with neighbors in our community.



2 comments:

Fawn said...

You guys did a great job, and on such short notice! I'm sure Teri really appreciated her friends help!

Kinda said...

Everything really was beautiful. I enjoyed it. And the food was an excellent choice as well. I especially loved the chocolate fountain. You know me and chocolate!