Friday, June 20, 2008


May 6th was senior awards night and Sarah was awarded a scholarship by Raley’s and received the Gold Block O award for her leadership and contributions to Oakdale High School. To my surprise I was also given an award for 18 years of service to Oakdale High School and for starting the Academic Boosters organization there. I had the privilege or awarding 6 scholarships to students that night and received a beautiful plaque with the inscription “Kim Whitemyer A Heart For Service 1989 – 2008” I was truly surprised and honored. May 7th Mark’s dear mother passed away. She died peacefully listening to the Tabernacle Choir. She was having a hard time eating and swallowing. She didn’t want to go to the hospital anymore. We were so grateful for her peaceful passing. It was truly and answer to our prayers. We are also thankful for Mary and Craig Searvers who have been caring for her this past year. May 9th Sarah, Mark, Chloe, Ashlyn Marler and I attended the Modesto Nuts Baseball Game. I knew we were in trouble when no sooner had we found our seats when the girls asked me when it was going to be over. Grammy and the girls spent most of the night playing on the bouncy bins and activities they had for the young ones. The fireworks were spectacular after the game. The Modesto Nuts won and we earned some money for Senior Grad Night.

No comments: