Friday, June 20, 2008

OHS PROM



WOW! I have to say the month of May nearly killed us off! Mark and I are still recovering. It was a month filled with family, major events, good times and times of great reflection with family dear to us. May 1st I finished altering and adding sleeves to a dress for our friend Elizabeth Martinez. Elizabeth seemed happy and I was relieved that she liked the alterations to her dress. She and her mom surprised me with a gift certificate to the Gallo Theater for the Performing Arts. May 3rd marked Bryan’s 33rd birthday. Kinda planned a fun weekend for him and Grammy and Poppy had the opportunity to watch Carly, Braxton and Parker for the weekend. We thoroughly enjoyed having them and they were perfect angels. Even little Parker who is only 8 months old was an absolute gem. It was also Oakdale High School’s Prom and Sarah went with Rodney Perira a wonderful young man who made great efforts to make the Prom a wonderful and a fun evening for her. The surprise of the evening was that Sarah was selected by her Senior class to be their Prom Queen. She texted me during the evening to tell me and I truly didn’t know there was such a thing as a prom queen except in the movies. She was honored and surprised! Before the prom I helped Tina Shatwell serve the 5 couples who went together a special dinner. May 5th Connie Friel and I worked on sponsor packets for our Oakdale Educational Fundraiser coming up in October. We have $130,000 in grant requests that we are hoping to earn and find funds for.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey I'm so glad you are in the blog world now. your month sounds CRAZY! i'll be waiting for you to blog your completed project of your outside swing. lol!
love anna
jpnap.blogspot.com

Fawn said...

How funny is it that Annie and Sarah wore the same dress to prom??? (Annie wore the turquoise color--see it on our blog!). She looks beautiful, of course!