Saturday, August 9, 2008

JULY 20th THE EMPTY NESTERS

It was Sunday, July 20th. We were officially empty nesters! After 33 years it felt really weird.
We had made arrangements to meet Sarah for church but the schedule was changed for the student ward (we were told Sacrament was last and it ended up being first) and we weren't going to be able to get there in time



We got ready quickly and set out to find a ward to attend. We arrived about 11:10 a.m. hoping to find an 11:30 Sacrament service. The ward we found started at 11:00 a.m. so we were afraid we weren't going to make it for the Sacrament. We peeked in the back door of the overflow in the chapel and right there were two empty seats. We slipped in and only missed the announcements. It was a wonderful service and we felt blessed to be there. We thought maybe we would visit the campus with Sarah but we didn't hear from her all day. She was too busy taking in all of the new friends and activities. I want you to know I recognized this as an answer to my prayers because Sarah is a home body and I really prayed that she would enjoy, quickly get involved and enjoy college life. I guess I just didn't think my prayers would be answered so perfectly! LOL! Soooooo Mark and I spent the day enjoying the beautiful gardens on campus, walking around the Temple and resting. We especially enjoyed looking at the gardens because our son Eric graduated from BYU Idaho with a degree in horticulture and I know that each class contributes to the beauty of the campus. There must have been 5 or 6 different amazing water falls.

No comments: